Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Callie!

Callie Reagan Cochran made her way into the world last week and we were actually in town to share in the arrival. She is so cute and has an equally as cute big brother. It was a fun day and I will admit that being at the hospital when a new baby arrives does tend to give me the itch...Wes quickly puts an end to any thoughts of adding a new baby to our house anytime! Oh well.

A few years ago, Wes and I went to visit Benjie and Kimberly to meet baby Creighton. They had the cutest birthday banner hanging on his door. When Carson, Callie's big brother, came along I copied the Polnick's banner idea and made one for him. I made two more after his...Pedro and Hannah. I painted those three. This time I decided to do a "mixed-media" paint & fabric. I think it turned out pretty well. I think Courtney liked it and I appreciated a good excuse to buy a new sewing machine! Thanks to the Polnicks for letting me copy!

Baby Callie about 20 minutes old

We met up with Carson later that afternoon.

Oh, how fun it is to hold a new born baby!!! Congrats to the Cochrans. By the way, notice the cute pillow case behind Courtney? So, I came in that morning and said, "Cute pillowcase". Her response, "Thanks. I made that last night while I couldn't sleep." Miss Creative Courtney she is!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what cute people--you, Courtney and Callie. How do you look that good after having a baby?!

That's enough all you crafty, sewy people. I totally have come to terms with the fact I'm not talented that way, but where do you find the time?!

And yes, I know the "itch"...it's official, Carroll has cut me off for good (boo hoo, sniff, sniff)--he is DONE. :(

Okay, so you owe me a comment.

Love,
Mon

Unknown said...

Holly - LOVE the pics of Davis and Londy at the wedding - Davis looks goooood in that suit - love the big boy socks!

Also, love your rockin' abs in the "cheerleader" pose - you and Wes have still got it!

Love ya,
Ravae