Saturday, August 29, 2009

Davis' first ring-bearer gig...

We took a quick trip to Ft. Worth for my cousin's wedding this week. We got Sam & Jennifer married off and had just enough time for the crew to hit the pool. This picture was really supposed to be at the bottom of this post, but I got so frustrated with trying to move it down that I gave up. Anyway, the true sequence of our trip starts after this picture. Enjoy!

Davis had his first ring-bearer gig this Friday night at my cousin, Sam's, wedding. He did an awesome job. I love the feeling of being a proud mama! There are a TON of pictures, so my mothers in-law and sisters in-law can get a good picture of the action. We made a quick trip, since the wedding was on Friday. So, we didn't do much, but we had a really fun time.
Davis posing for one of MANY pictures taken at the train station.
Waiting patiently for his turn at the rehearsal.
Already getting tired of saying "cheese" for Mommy.
Do such a great job while Uncle Jon gave directions. He enjoyed the entertainment (name tag) that Aunt Kelly provided. :)
All business now...he reminds me of Wes when he gets in this mode.
Londy & her pigtails at the rehearsal dinner.
So, I have two opposites when it comes to sleep. Davis chose to get up at 6:55 a.m. When you choose to get up that early at a hotel, you are subject to a movie in the tub. He was a good sport and obviously very well taken care of...plush bedding, fluffy green pillow, water in a Starbuck's cup, and our newest vice...Cinnamon Sugar donuts (thanks to Adam & Mandi).
London got up waaayyyy earlier than she would if she were home, but she was in a great mood. I think it was the hair. You couldn't help but laugh.
Our hotel was directly across from a water garden. Davis was lovin' life!
Davis & MereMere ready for show time.

Londy with her, "I'm with Aunt Emily" look on. She LOVES my sisters!
Londy & Aunt Fancy. My aunts were so nice to help with London until Wes could get there.



Davis showing off his "manly" socks...just like dad's.

Sam helping Davis with his suit coat.
This was the funniest thing in the whole ceremony. Pedro was babbling in the congregation & Davis turns to make sure that Jared know to be quiet.
Shhhhh!!!!
Wes and I were feeling younger than we actually are while we were at the pool. He started putting the girls on his shoulders and letting them jump off. All of the sudden he says, "Holly, your turn." When have I ever been able to turn down a dare to be silly? PLEASE don't zoom in on the next picture!!! But...I have to say we were a little impressed that our old bodies could still do this and NO, I was NOT EVER a cheerleader. Anyway, we thought we would share the picture as proof that we are still young at heart and have not lost our silly sides...after all, that is what we fell in love with about each other over FOURTEEN years ago!

My dad and Heather watching the craziness from the side lines. I didn't get a picture of my mom who was sitting on the edge of the pool. She's like me. She can't ever resist an opportunity to put her feet in. It was a fun day for our family...kind of funny that we have to leave Abilene in order for us all to get together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Davis looks so very dapper. I love the peacock feather. And I love the pic of him showing his manly socks...and him telling Pedro to be quiet. I love them all!
`steph phelps

Unknown said...

What a handsome guy! I love all these pics. Looks like ya'll had a great time. I am most impressed with the cheerleading move! You've definitely still got it!

Unknown said...

Sorry...that's from Mandi